The Fredericton and Grand Lake Coal and Railway Company (F&GLC&R) was chartered on March 26, 1910 to build a railroad from Minto to Gibson (South Devon, near Fredericton). This was to complete the link between the New Brunswick Coal & Railway Company and Fredericton.
The line was built between 1912 and 1913.
On November 4, 1914 the F&GLC&R was leased to the Canadian Pacific Railway for 999 years, together with the New Brunswick Coal & Railway Company. On December 28, 1955 the F&GLC&R was purchased by the CPR and the lease cancelled.